At Balfour Beatty Construction, safety is our #1 priority, and our established safety program called Zero Harm and team of safety professionals have made us one of the safest construction companies in the United States.
As part of our safety culture, we believe in providing educational opportunities and promoting smart safety practices for all employees at our jobsites:
- A model safety and health program
- A project-specific, detailed safety plan for each jobsite
- Mentoring and on-going safety training for all subcontractors and their employees
Since recognizing and controlling safety risks is really a group effort that requires participation from everyone, each worker at the jobsite, including subcontractors, are also held accountable for their own safety performance.
Before working at a jobsite, each subcontractor is required to:
- Submit a copy of their safety program, drug/alcohol program, and site-specific safety manual
- Complete a job hazard analysis review (which significantly reduces accidents and near misses)
- Attend a mandatory orientation to discuss all aspects of the project plan, including the safety/loss prevention program
- Identify at least one experienced member of their team with a minimum 10-hour OSHA certification and First Aid/CPR certification